Drawings – Windows Series
Fine art prints from the popular “Windows Series” drawings.
These fine art drawings are a sampling of figure drawings by artist Jackie Jacobson and are all in private and corporate collections. The original drawings were done in the studio from live models by Jackie Jacobson. The women with hats group are from the popular “Windows Series.” These three of the images are reproduced in limited edition giclee prints.
See more of the drawings and limited edition prints by artist Jackie Jacobson in the catalog of drawings.
Are you planning a visit to the Palm Springs area? Meet me at the College of the Desert Street Fair. I’m in booth #75, every Saturday and Sunday, October – May. Or call ahead for an appointment to have a personal tour of my studio and gallery in Palm Springs. 760.831.1190. I love spending time with people who are interested in art, painting and meeting the artist. Recent visitors from Los Angeles, San Diego, San Francisco, Portland, Seattle, Chicago, New York, Boston, and Vancouver BC have all enjoyed their art studio visits. If your vacation brings you to Palm Desert Cathedral City, Rancho Mirage, La Quinta, Indio, Desert Hot Springs, Banning, Yucca Valley, East Hemet, Coachella, San Jacinto, Hemet, Beaumont, Yucaipa, Twentynine Palms, or any other close by city, then definitely drop by when you are in the area.
Drawing the Model
10 Steps to an Expressive Drawing
MISSION: To find a hidden gem out of an ordinary pose
- I used 8×10 grey paper ( you can use any size and color that you want)
- Digital Tools: Round Soft Pastel, Pointed Stump, Real 6B Soft Pencil
- Now draw a format square off center (for a unique composition I drew a 7×7 square and drew into that shape )
- Use 2 fingers on each hand to create a frame and discover a new and unique image (Your fingers are your viewfinder)
- Now move your viewfinder around Model N above and look for contrasts of light and dark, tone and texture
- Next draw from your new cropped area of focus using pastels, stump and pencil ( ideas: look at the hands, look at the feet, crop off the head, draw only 1 side of the face, etc.)
- Use a pastel of the paper color to draw over where you want to make changes. (this means I used a grey pastel)
- Do not erase. Leave the history of some of your marks (those marks activate the drawing)
- Draw a group of different croppings. Draw for 20-30 minutes and take a break. Models are usually hired for a 3 hour session with 10 minute breaks. Being a hungry person I take one longer break to eat cookies
- You now have about 4 drawings that are unique statements of your subject, and you should be happy with at least one
DIGITAL vs TRADITIONAL:
I’ve done this drawing digitally using Corel Painter 11
It definitely can be done in the traditional way with traditional media
The benefit of digital drawing is that I can save my work every 5 to 10 minutes and go back to an earlier version
The disadvantage : I don’t have an original that I can hand to someone. I have to print out my piece.
The bottom-line : JUST DRAW 🙂
Now it’s your turn.
Leave a comment with a link to some of your drawings.
We’d all like to see what you see.
FREE Creative Drawing Class
“WOW, You’re drawing class has really inspired me!”
That’s what I hear over and over again from my subscribers. Join the class and bring out your artist within.
OK…Are you Ready?
Sign up here for instant access: