Inspiring Words and Quotable Lines
MY PERSONAL FAVORITE QUOTE from STEVE JOBS...
“Picasso had a saying: ‘Good artists copy, great artists steal.’ We have always been shameless about stealing great ideas…I think part of what made the Macintosh great was that the people working on it were musicians, poets, artists, zoologists and historians who also happened to be the best computer scientists in the world.” Steve Jobs — 1994
“ Steve Jobs has inspired me from the days of my first Apple computer in 1985.
But it’s the iPad that has changed my life significantly.
And then…there’s Steve Jobs great quotes.
For my final post of 2012…I leave you with some of Steve Jobs’ inspiring words.
(CNN) — Many of Steve Jobs‘ most inspiring words and quotable lines come from his famous 2005 commencement speech at Stanford, when he told assembled graduates, “Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life.”
But the late Apple co-founder Steve Jobs, had many other colorful and insightful things to say.
Here are 10 of his inspiring words and better quotes
culled from “I, Steve: Steve Jobs in His Own Words,” edited by George Beahm.
How Steve Jobs’ legacy has changed. Inspiring words:
1. “What a computer is to me is the most remarkable tool that we have ever come up with. It’s the equivalent of a bicycle for our minds.” (film “Memory & Imagination,” 1990)-Steve Jobs
2. “I end up not buying a lot of things, because I find them ridiculous.” (The Independent, 2005)-Steve Jobs
3. “I think death is the most wonderful invention of life. It purges the system of these old models that are obsolete.” (Playboy, 1985)-Steve Jobs
4. “People think focus means saying yes to the thing you’ve got to focus on. But that’s not what it means at all. It means saying no to the hundred other good ideas that there are. You have to pick carefully. I’m actually as proud of the things we haven’t done as the things I have done. Innovation is saying no to 1,000 things.” (Apple Worldwide Developers’ Conference, 1997)-Steve Jobs
5. “Being the richest man in the cemetery doesn’t matter to me. … Going to bed at night saying we’ve done something wonderful — that’s what matters to me.” (CNNMoney/Fortune, 1993)-Steve Jobs
6. “My job is not to be easy on people. My job is to make them better.” (CNNMoney/Fortune, 2008)-Steve Jobs
7. “If you want to live your life in a creative way, as an artist, you have to not look back too much. You have to be willing to take whatever you’ve done and whoever you were and throw them away.” (Playboy, 1985)-Steve Jobs
8. “Innovation distinguishes between a leader and a follower.” (“The Innovation Secrets of Steve Jobs,” 2001)-Steve Jobs
9. “My model for business is the Beatles. They were four guys who kept each other’s kind of negative tendencies in check. They balanced each other, and the total was greater than the sum of the parts. That’s how I see business: Great things in business are never done by one person. They’re done by a team of people.” (“60 Minutes,” 2003)-Steve Jobs
10. “I would trade all my technology for an afternoon with Socrates.” (Newsweek, 2001)-Steve Jobs
Did you miss any of these? Catch up now…
CHECK OUT MY PINTEREST PAGE
It’s all about pictures. Colorful pictures. I have great boards that you must check out.
- Color Ideas
- Gift Ideas
- Great Quotes – Wise Words
- Wedding Ideas
- Clever HOW TO ideas
- and much, much more.
Are You Visiting Palm Springs Soon?
What should you do on the weekend in the Palm Springs area?
- Shop and have fun at the largest Street Fair in the area?
- 340 Vendors
- Arts – Crafts – and much more
- Free Parking
- Free Admission
Meet me at the College of the Desert Street Fair. I’m in booth #75, every Saturday and Sunday, October – May.
Poppy Bouquet Square
The flowers fade within a day. This flower painting will live on for years in your home. This years art print of the Poppy Bouquet is from the Paintings on Texture Group of art prints by California artist…Jackie Jacobson. See the collage process that Jacobson used to paint the Poppy Bouquet
“I’ve looked for a way to add texture to my artwork.” Here it is, in this new group of art prints by artist Jackie Jacobson. Sitting on a rough fabric painting background are the square tile looking art prints. The inspiration came from the new tile art coasters. The beauty of vibrant color against the dark textured background, brings these paintings into a new dimension.
Decorate your home or office in style with eye-catching framed art prints. Back in time, people gave flowers for any occasion. Particularly, the Victorians who were known for giving flowers as a significant definition of their historical period. But as giving flowers has lost significance, adorning walls with flower images is as popular as ever. The lasting appeal of colorful flower art is here by Jackie Jacobson. You don’t have to be a Victorian to appreciate that.
They also make great gifts. Do you know someone who could use a dash of color on their walls? Why not give them something they will enjoy for many years to come?
ORDER FRAMED PRINTS TODAY
Gallery Black Frame Size : 11″ wide x 14″ high – Double Mat White – Print size: 8″ x 10″
IDEA: Mix and Match with these favorites or view the complete framed art print collection.
Are you planning a visit to the Palm Springs, California area? Meet me at the College of the Desert Street Fair. I’m in booth #75, every Saturday and Sunday, October – May. Or call ahead for an appointment to have a personal tour of my studio and gallery in Palm Springs. 760.831.1190. I love spending time with people who are interested in art, painting and meeting the artist. Recent California visitors from Los Angeles, San Diego, San Francisco, and Portland, Seattle, Chicago, New York, Boston, and Vancouver BC have all enjoyed their art studio visits. If your vacation brings you to Palm Desert, Cathedral City, Rancho Mirage, La Quinta, Indio, Desert Hot Springs, Banning, Yucca Valley, East Hemet, Coachella, San Jacinto, Hemet, Beaumont, Yucaipa, Twentynine Palms, or any other close by city, then definitely drop by when you are in the area.