Wall Decorating Idea
Today’s wall decorating idea is about hanging pictures.
For sure…most pictures are hung too high.
To perfectly enjoy your artwork or photos, here’s the rule used by art galleries and museums.
No guess work…no extra holes.
57″ is Eye Level
Rooms Where You Sit – Hanging Pictures
- Living/Dining Room
- TV Room
- Home Office
How High should you hang pictures?
The center of the picture should be 57″ from the floor is the answer. That’s eye level
The main thing is to be consistent. Do it the same every time.
It creates balance rather than having things feels scattered.
Hanging Pictures – Step by Step – How To…
- Measure and lightly mark 57″ on the wall.
- Measure from the top of your picture to the middle (or take the height and divide by 2)
- Measure the top of your picture to the tightened wire (a small amount)
- Subtract this last amount to tell you how far above 57″ your hook should go
- Measure up from 57″ with this last amount and lightly mark on the wall.
There it is…the Center of all of your hanging pictures is 57″ and you are just figuring out ” where the hook goes above it”
Not bad. That’s pretty easy.
Whether you’re hanging a single canvas or a group of framed art pieces the technique is the same.
All rules have an exception.
I prefer 60″ in rooms where you’ll see the art when STANDING, such as hallways and bathroom, .
So the same rule applies, just change your number from 57″ to 60″
Time to Hang or Rehang Your Pictures
Now get out that tape measure and hammer.
Have fun hanging pictures so that both you and your guests will say WOW…that’s a great picture!
It’s all about pictures. Col
Did you miss any of these? Catch up now…
CHECK OUT MY PINTEREST PAGE
orful pictures. I have great boards that you must check out.
- Color Ideas
- Gift Ideas
- Great Quotes – Wise Words
- Wedding Ideas
- Clever HOW TO ideas
- and much, much more.
Are You Visiting Palm Springs Soon?
What should you do on the weekend in the Palm Springs area?
- Shop and have fun at the largest Street Fair in the area?
- 340 Vendors
- Arts – Crafts – and much more
- Free Parking
- Free Admission
Meet me at the College of the Desert Street Fair. I’m in booth #75, every Saturday and Sunday, October – May.