Artist draws two portraits using both hands
Drawing Then (when I studied)
Drawing is a visual art that makes use of any number of drawing instruments to mark a two-dimensional medium.
Most realistic artists who can draw believe… ” if you can draw, then you are really an artist.”
Well we won’t go into that debate.
When I was in school…
- the day was devoted to drawing from the live model
- drawing from plaster casts
- drawing from the still life.
- Then it was anatomical drawing from the skeleton.
- We studied like we were drawing with Michaelangelo.
Drawing and Painting BFA Today
The studio experience is personalized and aims at developing your unique artistic identity.
- As a painting/drawing major…
- You’ll explore familiar and unfamiliar paths
- Be enriched by the diversity of ideas around you
- Gain confidence in your potential
- and come to understand your place in the broad context of contemporary and historical art.
Today’s Video – Amazing Artist
I thought I could draw. Now I wonder.
Well here is an artist who developed her own unique identity.
Don’t you wonder how she does it?
I wonder and have a few ideas. But…
Let’s make this the beginning of a discussion.
What are your ideas? Please share them with us.
It just takes 140 characters … So Just Do It Now…don’t wait.
On Facebook… send me your ideas https://www.facebook.com/JackieJacobsonArt
On Twitter… tweet me @jackiejart http://twitter.com/#!/jackiejart
Comment below and use as many characters as you like.
This is another of the daily blog posts, covering interesting subjects related to art, and my art studio.
Have you subscribed to the Weekly Blog Update?
I post to the artists blog every day, with interesting fun things.
Drawing, Painting, Decorating Tips, Fun Topics, Artists to Know, and more.
Get all of the week’s articles in one email wrap-up.