Have you ever attended a Life Drawing Workshop?
Drawing from the model is a weekly ritual for most figure and portrait artist. I invite you to be part of this journey. Come into my studio, meet the model and look over my shoulder. A new model or new pose each week, and a look into the process. Enjoy
Meet the model.
Watercolor and charcoal pencil.
Working over Drawing 1. Heavy Charcoal
Working over Drawing 2. watercolor, acryllic, markers, charcoal pencil
OK, I hear your questions. How did she do these?
- They were drawn digitally.
- I work from photos I have taken from live sessions with models.
- The model’s photo was on a monitor to my left.
- I drew and painted on the Cintique monitor in front of me, using Corel Painter 11. (See studio tour to view this arrangement)
- Drawing 1 – was a 20 minute drawing.
- Drawing 2 – was a 15 minute drawing.
- Drawing 3 – was a 30 minutes drawing.
The real advantage in drawing digitally, is being able to work on a prior version, without ruining what you did previously. As this series progresses you will see many different mediums used, different drawing surfaces, and many different models.
You can draw along with me, grab a sketchpad, some materials and join me in this virtual studio. If you need a little drawing help, try this book Drawing on the Right side of the Brain.
Thanks for coming. See more next week…
|Join Our Email Mailing List|