Art Tour • Abstract Art?
Learn How to Understand It…
“As you know, I’m thought of as a photo-realist artist.
But there is really much more to my artwork.
I love to explore in many different styles.
So today’s art tour is a brief history of art and it’s many different styles.
And finally, to an understanding of abstract art.
After you’ve watched the abstract art video… look below.
A 7 Minute Video Art Class
How I Explored Abstract Art
“I was not exploring inner turmoil or anxiety. I was exploring Color Fields and action painting.”
What Process Did I Use?
SEE IT HERE…WATCH MY VIDEO NOW!
Abstract Art Painting I worked digitally, with Corel Painter , and explored every brush in my toolbox. I threw, dropped, splashed and dragged the paint and the brush. Talk about feeling free. And I kept changing colors. NO THINKING…just painting.
- I played
- made marks
- moved fast
- grabbed a new brush
- scraped with a palette knife
- used calligraphy
- added numbers
- added letters
- expressed the music’s rhythm
- Don’t be surprised…Upbeat Frank Sinatra and his “My Kinda Town Chicago“was in the background.
- OK …I’m from Chicago and my history moved the brushes and paint.
- Every color was chosen randomly, again with no thought.
- One hour per painting.
- No thought about outcome.
- No thought of a product.
- Just Rhythm
- Just Color
- Just Movement
- Just Fun
At the end of the hour, my energy was spent…Time for a Break.
Then back to the studio … and on to another painting. Each abstract art painting was a different shape. The Shape really changed the dynamics of each painting.
Here’s the fun part.
- I chose an Abstract Art painting for my background.
- Loaded it into Corel Painter
- Hand Mirror in Left Hand
- Line Drawing Brush or Pen in Right Hand
- Paint Colors to my right
- I Drew and Painted what I saw in the mirror
- Voila…a Self Portrait.
- Drawing/Painting Time – 40 minutes.