THE BACKGROUND PAINTING
Are you wondering how I do it? What’s the process that I use to get from A to Z?
THE PROCESS in Steps 1 thru 7
- Paint Sunflower into the Background image
- Add more petals and lines
- Add additional lines – looking for the feeling of motion
- Remove some lines – too much activity
- Remove much of the Blue color – found center distracting
- Strengthened Yellow on Petals
- Crop image for a more dramatic composition. Repainted center seeds to strengthen focal area.
CLICK ON EACH STEP IMAGE …TO SEE ENLARGEMENT
There it is… the process I used. Paint, change, add, take away and paint some more. In the end, I always look for a better composition.
I’m really looking forward to hearing your comments and questions.