FIVE FACTS ABOUT PLUMERIA
- Plumeria is related to the Oleander
- It’s common name is Frangipani
- Both possess poisonous, milky sap (similar to Euphorbia among them the Poinsettia)
- Flowers are most fragrant at night in order to lure sphinx moths to pollinate them. The flowers have no nectar , and simply dupe their pollinators as they move from flower to flower in their fruitless search for nectar.
AND THE BIG NUMBER 5… It’s the flower most requested by people at my street fair booth.
Every week, without fail, I get asked, “Do you have a painting of Plumeria?“ And weekly for about 5 years, my answer was simply…No, but I will soon. Then last fall a couple bought 3 pieces of my artwork, which were all tropical in nature.
Of course she asked the famous question. And I promptly answered…no, but I will soon.
OK I finally did it. The painting…Plumeria I White. (I knew there were more in sight)
DO YOU HAVE A PAIR OF PLUMERIA?
That became the next most often asked question. It didn’t take very long and then there was Plumeria III Pink.
Now there are a pair of Plumeria paintings and that’s just how people are buying them.
OK so you want to know … where is Plumeria II painting? That is another story, for another time.
Where Can I Buy Your Plumeria Prints?
- They are here in…Canvas Prints
- Buy them here in …Tile Art Murals
- Here in … Art Prints Matted – Ready to Frame
- Buy them here in …Tile Art Coasters
How to make a Plumeria LEI
If you love Plumerias, then here’s what you need in order to make a Plumeria LEI
- Jar of Vaseline
- 6″ or 12″ Lei needle or…
- ( 3″ or 4″ Upholstery needle, buy smallest Diameter.)
- 4 to 8 Pound Fishing Line or strong thread.
- 50 to 60 Plumeria Flowers
- One 1 Gallon Ziplock bag
- Measuring Tape
Join Me in the Studio
Are You Visiting Palm Springs Soon?
What to do on the weekend in the Palm Springs area?
Meet me at the College of the Desert Street Fair.
I’m in booth #75, every Saturday and Sunday, October – May.
Personal Studio Tour
Call ahead for an appointment to have your tour of my studio and gallery in Palm Springs. 760.831.1190. I love spending time with people who are interested in art, painting and meeting the artist. Recent visitors from Los Angeles, San Diego, San Francisco, Portland, Seattle, Chicago, New York, Boston, and Vancouver BC have all enjoyed their art studio visits.
If your vacation brings you to Palm Desert Cathedral City, Rancho Mirage, La Quinta, Indio, Desert Hot Springs, Banning, Yucca Valley, East Hemet, Coachella, San Jacinto, Hemet, Beaumont, Yucaipa, Twentynine Palms, or any other close by city, then definitely drop by when you are in the area.