I said I would work in several styles. Here’s what I consider an abstract style. The image is part of the abstract ground.
You may recognize the background from my self portrait.
- Medium: Corel Painter 11 – digital painting
- Used the original abstract painting for the background layer
- Used the Hydrangea II image, from yesterday’s post, as my reference.
- Painted and splattered using multiple brush categories
- The flower becomes part of the background.
MY NEXT STEPS…
Print the piece 20″ x 24″ on canvas
Stretch and seal the canvas
Using Acrylic Gel Medium and Acrylic Paint, continue painting.
I will now have an original painting.
Keep watching. I will photograph the completed painting and include it with this series.